Sunday, May 31, 2009

Golf Widow

That's what I feel like on the weekends.  I don't mind so much during the week because I've had other things going on and I've been so tired I just lay around when I get home from work anyway.  But the weekends are a different story.  Dean is usually gone all day Saturday giving lessons and classes and then helping out around the course.  Then he usually has some lessons or something to do on Sundays.  He's not gone as long, but long enough. I hang out at my parents a lot, but I don't want to do that everyday.  I know in a few months I'll have plenty to keep me busy around here but for right now I am a little bored.  

On another note, we decided on decorating the baby's room with a little help from a blogger friend!  I had originally decided I didn't want to paint. It seemed too daunting of a task and I didn't want to make more work for us than need be. We just moved in here 2 years ago, the paint doesn't really need to be replaced. But in my search for what I wanted (wall decals that were big enough, the right color and the right style) I discovered it might not happen.  So I found this adorable border and Dean had the idea to do it in the middle of the wall and paint the bottom blue to match.  So I think that's what we're going to do.  The only thing we aren't sure about is the current color is 'builder beige' so we want to leave the top alone but it might look better in white.  I hope not, but we'll see.  I ordered the border today so I hope it gets here by mid week and we can pick out paint and maybe get it done next weekend.  My aunt is coming the week after and my friends are coming for the shower so I want to show it to them!  I guess I won't be bored next weekend!  I'm excited to have this in the works.  I'll post pictures when I'm done!  

And lastly, my grandma is having a procedure tomorrow to unblock an artery in her leg. I'm sure it's routine but not for someone who is 85 and smoked their whole life.  I talked to her yesterday and she's of course nervous.  The appointment isn't until 3pm in California....so we won't know anything until late.  And she's staying in the hospital overnight just to be safe because of her age.  I am hoping and praying everything goes ok.  She's a tough lady so I know it will!  But until tomorrow I will be thinking of her!

No comments: