Wednesday, May 6, 2009

24 weeks

Only 16 more to go:-) Not that I'm counting or anything! Things are still going well. I have been extra tired this week. Too busy I think. But after Saturday I don't have much going on for a while so I should be able to rest up!
Nothing too new to report. Still having heartburn, having trouble sleeping (well, finding a position that is comfortable to sleep in), still feeling little kicks and movement. I'm anxious for the 'real' kicks to start. Although with the anterior placenta I wonder if it will be a while. I did read today that the uterus is the size of a soccer ball...yikes! That seems huge! I have officially retired my rings. My finger seem swollen and I have a old wound on my ring finger and it decided to start bleeding last night when I took my ring off, so I figured I would just leave it off. Our next appointment is next Wednesday and then soon after that the GD test.
The shower my mom, aunt and friend are throwing is well in the works. The invites should go out next week. It should be pretty low key, but fun. Apparently Dean's side of the family isn't going to do anything. His mom basically lives under a rock and has no idea of social graces, so she probably doesn't even know what a shower is. I don't think we're inviting her to our shower...why bother. She obviously doesn't care. She has shown NO interest in the baby, pregnancy or me whatsoever. Yes, I am irritated about this, but what can I do. I can't make someone throw a shower. And my mom is doing one and it will be fun with lots of fun, friends and cake:-) So I will focus on that for now.

No comments: