Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More baby stuff

I'm back at work after a wonderful long weekend and I'm bored already! Not a good sign for the week. I have plenty to do, just don't want to do it. My brother started work today. He's going to be learning what I do so he can do it while I'm gone on maternity leave. I know he'll do just fine, but I'm hoping he can really take over and that way when I come back part time it won't be that big of deal. But after the morning we had around here I don't think I'll be bringing it up! Maybe in a few weeks we'll discuss again.

Yesterday after a busy day in the yard we went to run some errands. I had a $15 gift card from BRU that expires on Sunday so we went there with the intention of buying something useful (diapers, or something) but no, I was sucked into the clothing section and ended up with a t-shirt, onesie and overalls. So cute. I know I should have bought something practical, but oh well. I haven't bought any clothes to speak of for the little guy and he needs something to wear!! We also stopped by a friends to look at their pack and play. His little girl is 3 and doesn't need it anymore. They hardly used it, their house was set up so that they didn't really need it. So it's like new and super cute blue and yellow plaid. He showed us how to set it up and put it away. But of course I had to do it on my own when I got home. It is so easy! I decided to leave it up over night and I get up this morning to find my cat sitting in it. I'm sure she thinks it's just a new place for her to sit....but it was still sort of cute. I'm sure I won't think so when there's a little baby in there. But we won't leave it near other chairs so she can't jump in!

I'm getting more excited every time we buy or get more stuff for the baby. Makes me feel more and more ready. I know I still need a lot, but we have time. And I'm sure I'll be running out tons after the baby comes!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

My kitty just yesterday figured out how to get herself into the babies cradle.. she doesn't go in there while the baby is in it (she will go in the pack and play). I still think its cute.. even though I have to yell at her.