Sunday, May 24, 2009

Long weekend

I love long weekends. The short week that follows usually sucks, but I'll enjoy this time while I have it!  I spent yesterday helping get my parents boat ready for the season. It was filthy because the guys who painted the hull didn't close up the doors before they sanded. So everything was covered with a fine dust.  We got a lot done but it needs more. And we helped clean up the yacht club and plant flowers.  It was a long day and we were only there for a few hours.  Today Dean played golf with a bunch of guys.  They had a good time. My mom came over and helped me plant my flowers. That was so nice of her! I was really sore from yesterdays work so having help was so nice!  I got a few other jobs done around here too....so I feel good about that.  There's of course still more to do, but isn't that what being a homeowner is all about?  I hope to get a good night sleep and get busy again tomorrow.  Although I also want to spend the day relaxing too...tough call!  Maybe I can do a bit of both.  I might have to spend it relaxing, my body might not be able to take much more physical labor. My feet and back are killing me.  So it might be a light day. We'll see.  

Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day!  

No comments: