Wednesday, May 13, 2009

25 weeks

Baby is the size of an Eggplant this week. I really need to start studying up on my vegetables, I have no idea what an eggplant looks like! We had an appointment this morning and everything seems fine. We saw a different doctor this time and I have to admit I wasn't a fan. First off she said I'm gaining too much weight. I've gained 20#'s....yes this is probably a lot for only being 25 weeks, but it's not like I'm already at 40 or something. And I haven't gained a lot in any one week/month. It's been pretty steady. Of course I just sat there and didn't defend myself. When what I really wanted to tell her was that I just ate breakfast at Ihop. That I struggled for 2 long years to get to this point and I'm not going to starve my baby. No, I don't want to eat a ton of junk, but I don't think a cookie or some ice cream is going to hurt too much every now and then. And then they found white blood cells (leukocytes?) in my urine. I don't have any pain or odd discharge (gross, sorry) but I haven't felt too good all week so I'm probably just fighting off a cold. Which explains why I don't feel good and would rather be home in bed. Baby's little heartbeat was going strong at 160 bpm. We got to listen to him for a long time! I got my paperwork for the glucose test, so I need to do that next week. And some how I got messed up on my weekly appointments. I should have gone last week, but I think the ultrasound messed it up since it was a little late. So I go back in 3 weeks and then after that we start every 2 weeks until 36 weeks and then every week. I hope that makes it feel like it's going by faster!

I got a call from a friend last night who's sister is done having kids and moving to Florida and is selling a lot of her baby stuff. I am going to buy her exersaucer and maybe bathtub from her! Pretty fun. And we're going to buy a pack and play from one of Deans co-workers. Even if we end up with double of any of this stuff, we can leave on set at my parents. So we'll get together next week and get that stuff.

So now I have a few things on my to do list....and wait til June 3rd to hear the little guy again.

No comments: