Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bored

I'm terribly bored at work. I have plenty to do, but don't feel like doing it. So here I go...

I picked up my new glasses today at lunch. They're cute. I have never been a huge fan of glasses but I broke mine and needed new ones. I was most concerned about the birth because I can't wear my contacts. And I don't remember if I wrote about this or not, but my contacts have been driving me crazy the last few months and apparently because of the pregnancy my hormones and proteins are out of whack and depositing on my contacts, therefore making them uncomfortable. So I have new contacts to try and these new glasses to try to wear a little more. I am going to at least try to wear them at home all the time. I might not be able to handle them all day though. We'll see.

The husband and I are going to register tomorrow. He blocked it off in his schedule but didn't put what it was for...and of course he forgot why we were doing something. I know he doesn't really want to go, but I don't care. I'm putting my foot down and making him go. Although I'm starting to question why I'm even registering. I'm having one small shower and I'm sure my moms friends will buy what they want:-) Oh well. It'll be fun. And it will help me figure out what we really need. And who knows, maybe my in laws will figure it out and do something....we'll see. I'm a little nervous about the whole process, but I'm sure we'll do just fine. Babies R Us isn't that far away, we can always go there anytime to pick something up.

My youngest brother is graduating from college on Saturday. We're all going over there to watch. Should be fairly boring, but we're all excited for him. After the ceremony and some time at the fraternity house we are headed back to a memorial tea for a family friend who passed away a few years ago from liver disease at the young age of 16...so sad. But her family is great and we love remembering with them. And then...if that weren't enough for one day we're going to a wedding where we basically don't know anyone because we don't see that side of the family. My MIL is going but not FIL because he's still mad his sister (the brides grandma) didn't come to my wedding. The wedding my FIL almost didn't attend. The wedding he had NOTHING to do with. He didn't even come to the rehearsal dinner. So basically since he's such a jackass, he doesn't talk to them so none of them probably know we're pregnant. Could be an interesting night. I hope we don't have to stay long. The ceremony is at 6:30 and they're not having dinner, just hor' dourves...so hopefully it will be a short night! And of course we couldn't have Mothers day without some sort of BS. Of course my MIL wants to play golf. I can't and won't play 18 holes on a regular day much less now at 6 months pregnant. Every time we go p lay golf his mom makes comments about why I don't play more and why I play and coach soccer...sometimes I want to scream at her! And of course they make comments about why I won't play 18 holes...when in all reality it's because they're so damn annoying! So needless to say I won't be seeing them on Sunday. It will be interesting what happens next year when I'm a mother. Because I'll be damned if I'm going to do what she wants to do...I know that makes me sound like a selfish brat, but she hasn't hardly given me the time of day since I married her son...why should I care what she thinks??? Ok...enough about that (as you can see I could go on all day!!!)

Only a little more than an hour left....I think I can do it:-)

1 comment:

osuraj said...

Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a sisterhood award! Visit my blog for more details : )