Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Monday

Oh today is a true Monday. I'm tired, not wanting to be at work, etc., etc. I did however drag my dead A out of bed and go to the gym. And of course all the lanes were full so I did some stuff in the other pool. Not as effective, but still ok. I figure better than nothing!

The weekend was full of activity. Probably too much! Here's a quick recap....

Friday after work I met Dean at Babies R Us and we registered. It was fun, but a little overwhelming. I may go back this week to add a few things, but I might just leave it as is. We had dinner at Sonic. It's new to our town and we both wanted to try it. It wasn't that good. I don't think I'll be going back. And a quick trip to Target and Sams rounded out the night.

Saturday we were up and outta there to get to my brothers graduation. It was 50* and cloudy and they school decided to have it outside. There goes my outfit plans. At this stage of the game, I don't have a lot of options, so it was a little tough to find something at the last minute. About 15 minutes after we sat down it started to rain. Not hard, but still wet and cold. The president of Dominos and a survivor of the Holocaust were the keynote speakers. They both did a good job. And then they rattled through the 450 graduates. Overall it was nice, but we were about done sitting out there by the time it was over. Then we had a quick lunch at the Sigma Chi house and helped Tyler pack his car. I think we left for home around 3. It was a good day, he was thrilled to be graduating and moving on with life. And it was fun to see my other brother and his wife, we don't see them as often.

After the trip home I took a quick nap and then it was off to a wedding. Which after it was all said and done, I could have done without. It really was too busy of a day. The ceremony didn't start til 6:30 so it was a late night (later than I would have liked). The ceremony was nice and the reception was too. It was for Deans family so I don't know them hardly at all. None of them knew about the baby. And his mom made it blatantly clear that she basically had no interest in the baby. There will be no shower thrown by her. She isn't shopping for the baby or sewing anything for the baby. I of course was upset by all of this, but am trying to remind myself that I don't want her that involved anyway. I wish I could just let it go, but I know I'm going to be upset every time they don't do something. Come to see the baby after he's born, come to Christmas, 1st birthday party, etc. It will all probably bother me. And I keep searching for the reason behind it and I think I figured it out today...I don't want the reason to be me. I need to know that there's another reason out there. So I have decided that even though my mom offered to have another shower with his family, I'm not going to do it. It's not fair to her. She has enough going on. She doesn't need to do that. She's already doing enough. And if anyone asks about a shower I'll just say that my MIL didn't want to have one. I'm done worrying about her feelings. She obviously doesn't give a shit about mine!

So I was pretty upset about that on Sunday, but spent the day at home alone while Dean went and played golf with his parents. Thankfully I didn't have to go. Then we went to my parents for dinner. I know my parents have their quirks and can be a pain in the rear sometimes, but it's nice to have a normal house to go to for dinner! Mothers day was nice, it was nice to spend it with my mom. We always have to do something with his mother....so I wanted to be sure we did this. She'll have a rude awakening next year when I'm a mother too and we won't be jumping to spend every holiday with her...since she can't seem to find time in her busy schedule to see us any other time, why should I give up my holidays to be with her? I realize I'm being a brat about this, but I don't care today. I am way over tired and not feeling too hot. Just waiting to go home:-)

So as you can see, it was a full weekend. Lots of fun, family and drama....of course! And now looking forward to a busy week!

No comments: