Wednesday, May 20, 2009

26 Weeks

The little one is the size of a hothouse cucumber. Getting bigger! It's been a week of ups and downs. I've been a little more emotional than normal. I'm not normally an emotional person so these outbursts are not exactly fun! Other things to note, the belly is getting bigger, I'm more tired during the day and sleeping less, my skin on my face is changing color (turning darker) which I guess is normal, the nosebleeds are still quite frequent and I'm feeling him move more and more everyday! I love it. Sometimes I can really feel a jab or kick, but sometimes it just feels like flips or something. Babycenter says to start watching for braxton hicks in the next few weeks. So far, I haven't felt any (at least that I knew of). Overall still feeling ok. Looking forward to the next few weeks. I can see how the last months sort of drag by when you're constantly waiting for the next thing! But I have the diabetes test next week, appointment the week after and we start our baby classes that week. And in 3 weeks my aunt comes and then the shower! I'm excited for the baby classes. I'm anxious to learn more about the process, tour the hospital and just see how things go. Tonight I have dinner with friends and only 2 more days to the work week. AND we get out early on Friday...like at 2:30! Woohoo!! I can't wait.

And a quick shower note....Dean wants me to invite his mom to the shower....boo. I had basically made up my mind about it. Decided that since she didn't seem to care I didn't want her there. I know that sounds mean. But it's not about her feelings anyway right now. But he point blank asked me if I invited her so of course I said no. He said he thinks we should invite her and she told him she doesn't know anything about showers so that's why she doesn't want to do one. I'm sorry, she knows a lot of people. She could ask. She has plenty of siblings, cousins, aunts etc that have had grandkids who would know. So anyway, bottom line is I'm inviting her and one of her sisters. I'm betting she doesn't come. But at least I like the sister!! I honestly didn't think I'd have shower drama. I really didn't. I'm probably bringing this on myself by letting myself get so wrapped up in it, but it's hard not to when you expect your mother in law to at least care that she's having a grandchild. Ok....enough bitching. I swear as soon as I get over it something else comes up! But we're done now.

No comments: