Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Classes

Our first birthing class was last night. I had mixed reviews from friends about these classes. A little too basic, slightly outdated, but overall helpful. And it was fun to hear about other peoples experiences. I was a little surprised almost all the couples were due before us. One was due in 3 weeks....talk about cutting it close! I'm glad we didn't sign up in May! But we learned a lot and it helped us have something to talk about. Since neither of us have ever been through this before, it gave us a jumping off point to have discussions about how it will go and what we want. Overall I'm glad we are going. It's going to be good for both of us even if I am exhausted today!! Who decided having a class for pregnant women last for 3 hours and go til 9:30 at night must have been out of their mind. By the time I got home I was so amped up I couldn't sleep. Then I had dreams about being in labor....too funny. Apparently all the breathing techniques are burned into my brain!!

My diaper bag had arrived yesterday afternoon so I promptly ripped into that when I got home. It's so cute. A little heavy, but cute. And I think it will hold up well. It's made of canvas so I'm thinking it'll work out just fine! And it's not too girly so Dean can carry it! Now I just have to wait for the border to come in this week so we can go buy paint.

It's a busy week for baby this week. All the stuff coming in the mail, birthing class last night, baby class tomorrow and our 28 week appointment tomorrow. I'll be so excited to fall into my bed on Friday night!!! And hopefully sleep for a good long time!

1 comment:

Ariella said...

Three weeks before her EDD is cutting it close by that point my baby was born already!

I am glad the class was good and gave you some things to talk about. Lots of stuff goes on in labor and it is VERY important to know how the other one feels about things before they happen. Because when you are in the middle of labor the last thing you want to talk about is breathing teqnuiqes and pushing positions.