Wednesday, June 3, 2009

28 weeks

We had the fastest doctor appointment on record this morning. We got there a little early and there was only one person in the waiting room. We got called right a way. The nurse did the stats, asked the questions and left. The doctor came in, did his measurement, checked the heart rate and asked if we had any questions. We didn't this time. The only thing that caused it to be longer than it could have been was there is some protein in my urine. He said it was only +1 on the stick and my blood pressure seemed ok (within the normal range, but seemed high for me). So he said we will monitor it at each visit and if anything changes we will deal with it when it comes up. Knowing the bad things that can come of this, I of course freak out a little in my head, but I know the doctor knows best and I will just try to relax and wait to see what comes of it. I feel fine, so as long as that continues that should be fine. And then as an afterthought he mentions my sugar test came back fine....sort of funny. I think he thought they called me with the results. But either way, I was relieved to hear that. And I start my kick count now. So for 2 hours a day I need to count til I get to 10. The one thing I wasn't sure about and forgot to ask, do I need to write this stuff down? Or just do it in my head?
Stats: baby's heart rate was at 150; measuring 28cm (right on track), weight is the same as last appointment (sort of weird, my scale and the gym scale both say I lost a pound....I have NO idea how that happened!!! Must be a fluke!)
I'm still feeling pretty good. Haven't had a bloody nose in a while. Not feeling as stuffed up. My stomach is growing, which makes it hard to sleep. But we're working on finding a comfortable position. And we have our first baby class tonight. Looking forward to that although I would prefer to go home and take a nap!!

No comments: