Monday, June 8, 2009

The baby's room

We worked on the baby's room yesterday and it's coming together nicely. It is a complete 180* difference from what I originally wanted but I still like it. The painting caused a little bit of a panic attack on my part. The first coat looked horrible. It was splotchy and streaked. But after the 2nd coat it looked MUCH better. I'm actually happy with the color and we taped the border up just to see what it would look like.
I think it looks cute. Now we have to figure out how to hang the border without making a mess of everything. I read up online about how to do it and they of course make it sound so easy. We may need a few extra hands, but it should be ok. I don't know when we'll have time to do it, maybe next Saturday night. I keep telling Dean once the room is done and the shower is over I'm not going to have anything else to look forward to until the birth...it might be a long 10+ weeks!! I think I will make a list of the other things I need to do that I'm forgetting about (announcements, buying the stuff we still need, resting up before he gets here!) The announcements will be fun to look for. I'm thinking about making them, but I want them to be easy since I'll have to do it after he gets here. I'm getting more and more excited with each event leading up to his arrival!!
On a completely different note, my in laws called yesterday to say they bought a farm in Indiana. Yep, a farm. To raise their horses. It's 12 acres and they plan to have the trainer live there when they aren't there. Now as dumb of an idea as I think this is, I'm thrilled. It's south of Indianapolis, meaning like 5 hours away. I don't know all the details other than they're probably closing this week. I plan to stay OUT of the details. Dean tried to tell his dad about painting the baby's room and getting ready and his dad's response was "You don't have a baby"....if that doesn't sum it up I don't know what does. So as annoyed as I am with this new turn of events, I am trying to put it out of my mind. They don't give us the time of day so we won't have to hear about it much! (I know this makes me sound like a bitch, but when it comes to them, this is what comes out of me!) Something I apparently have to work on!
Baby class again tonight. I skipped the gym in hopes to not wear myself out again this week. And even though it's in the wrong direction, I'm going home after work to rest up before hand. Looking forward to hearing what she has to tell us tonight. And next week is the hospital tour!! Really looking forward to that!

No comments: