Wednesday, June 24, 2009

31 Weeks

9 weeks left.....woohoo! I'm getting so anxious even though I have so much time left! Especially now since it's been in the 90's the last few days. The thought of going through 9 more weeks in this heat isn't too appealing.



Baby updates...he's doing pretty well. I had a little scare on Monday. Around 4 I realized I hadn't really felt him move much. I also hadn't had a lot of water, so I sucked down some water and went home to lay down and see what I could feel. I didn't feel anything for about an hour and after 2 bottles of water I thought my bladder was going to explode. Dean was home (which is not normal) so he was tapping on my stomach and I was freaking out. We decided to eat dinner and then maybe that would get him going. Nope...I felt a few little flutters but nothing like I normally do. I decided I would wait another hour and see what I thought and then decide about calling someone. Well, finally around 9 he woke up and was a crazy kid. Kicking, moving, rolling all that stuff. And then he kept it up most of the night and all day yesterday. I guess he was just letting me know he was still there. Silly baby! But he's been fine since.

According to Babycenter he weighs as much as 4 naval oranges (3.3 pounds and is about 16 inches long) and growing like a weed. He should gain about a half a pound a week from now until August 26th. I'm still feeling fine. Sleeping is going a little better (maybe because I'm so tired). Still only up once a night to pee. Work is a struggle. I have no motivation to be here, don't really care to get this stuff done. I keep hoping this will pass, but I can't keep my mind from wandering off to the baby and life after his arrival! i.e look for more senseless posts while I'm at work!!

The constant drama in this office is also making it hard to concentrate. Who would have thought an office with all of 6 people here could have so much drama. One of the crazy ones (as I affectionately call her) got a call from her doctor yesterday that her pap came back positive for H.PV. So she of course told everyone and burst into tears and proceeded to cry for about an hour. Now of course I feel bad for her, what awful news. But would you really share that with your entire office? And then proceed to sit here and talk to everyone you know on the phone? I don't know about you, but I'd probably make up some excuse to leave and make those phone calls in the privacy of my own car or home. So needless to say it was a rough afternoon around here yesterday. And she's of course looking up everything she can find about it and convinced it's cancer. It might be a long few weeks!

On an up note....only 2 more days til the weekend! And our breastfeeding class on Saturday!

No comments: