Monday, December 1, 2008

Holy Follicles

So much for my defeatist attitude...apparently the 150mg of clomid worked!! I had 3 follicles (21, 20 and 19) and one at 15.5 which apparently puts at borderline over stimulated for my age. We haven't been in this situation yet so we haven't had this conversation yet. She gave us the speech about multiples and if we were ok with 3 or 4...yikes. But since we that last one wasn't over 16 we were ok to continue, but she wants us to think about selective reduction if all four fertilize (highly unlikely!!!) So we'll think about it, but I doubt that it will ever become a reality. Two would be great, three would be ok, four? I just don't know. So now we have a 'schedule' and I can take a hpt in 2 weeks. Who hoo! Now I just need to recover from the magic wand...she was really pushing and prodding in there! Poor Dean, the look on his face was priceless during the whole thing! But I think he's excited too...
Now the prayers start...if you have any extra, please pray for one of these little guys to fertilize, implant and stick around for about 9 months!!

4 comments:

Carmen said...

Wow! That is awesome! I can't wait for your triplets to be born on my birthday :) Wishful thinking I guess! But seriously I am hoping/praying things go your way this cycle, and hopefully the 2ww goes fast!

osuraj said...

That's great news! I'm excited to hear the Clomid is working for you.

Kelly said...

Awesome news, keep us posted!

Jenni said...

That is wonderful. I am so happy for you. I know you are excited. I am sending up many prayers for you.