Wednesday, December 31, 2008

6 weeks...vacation over...happy new year

I'm excited to be 6 weeks pregnant but sad vacation is over.  As of tomorrow morning at 5:30am when the alarm goes off vacation will be over. We will be headed back to the cold, dreary Michigan weather.  I love Marco and love Florida.  I love the beach, sun and relaxing that it brings.  I hope to be back real soon!!!  
On the plus side, going home brings the ultrasound one day closer.  We will be headed to GR Friday afternoon to get a little peek at the babycakes.  Praying and hoping that everything is ok.  Feeling ok so far.  A few waves of nausea but nothing too bad.  Having a little bit of a hard time sleeping through the night and also being really tired during the day.  Knowing and hoping these are all good things.  I'm still having thoughts about what might be on Friday.  Trying to push those out of my head. Trying to only think of the positive.  It has to be our turn to keep this baby.  I know that's not how it works, but I don't want to go through all that again.  So we'll be praying for good news on Friday.
And last but not least....Happy New year.  2008 was a fun year in many ways, but in others it was hard, sad and frustrating.  I have made good friends, I have connected better with others even if they live far away.  I am closer to my mom, my husband and my friends.  I take more time to relish in the good things.  And am so thankful for everything I have.  I could have done without the miscarriage and all the trials trying to have a baby.  I could have enjoyed my job more and could have had more patience.  Maybe next year I will work on that.  I've already decided my resolution will be to deliver a live, healthy baby.  If there are other things that come to mind, then I'll add them to the list, but for right now, that is THE most important thing to me.  I will be hoping and praying for 2009 to bring good things to all my friends and family.  Good health for my mom, good business for my dad, new jobs, engagements, and growing, healthy children for my friends.  So here we go...ready or not...into 2009!

No comments: