Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Counting down

I feel like I'm counting down to so many things right now...testing, our Christmas lunch (and half day off work), my haircut, friends coming over for lunch, my parents leaving for Florida, us leaving for Florida. It's all coming...but not fast enough!! I know I shouldn't wish away the time, but it's so hard! And I'm sure writing about it doesn't help, but too bad. Hopefully after today the downhill slide to the weekend will be quick and I know the weekend will be quick!! The Christmas lunch is Tuesday, haircut Thursday. My parents leave Thursday too which hopefully will alleviate some stress. My dad is a royal pain in the ass this time of year. I am pretty convinced he does it to himself, puts himself in orbit about the year end at the business, spending money at Christmas, everything. And he's been taking my mom to Detroit for her treatments and subsequent appointments and now bitching about that. I keep telling him that she's a big girl, she can go alone. She's been in cancer treatment for 10 1/2 years and he didn't go with her when it was here...but as part of the study they have to do a "personal study" or something and the director told him he was the "poster child of cancer care"....excuse me while I laugh my head off! So now he things he's obligated to do all this. He's driving everyone crazy, micromanaging everyone at work and my mom, and it's getting old. Ugh....only 2 weeks and 1 day and we will be on the beach...can't wait! At least he won't be in quite a state down there! And we're staying in a different hotel....thank gosh for space.

As a disclaimer...I am thankful for my parents and all they do for us...but I work with my dad and right now it's just too much togetherness. Everyone needs a little time to vent!! Less than an hour left at work...wahoo!

No comments: