Friday, December 5, 2008

Other news

Today is long and boring...I can't wait til 4:00 so I can go home and do nothing tonight. We were supposed to go to a party but I am just not feeling it. I have felt awful all week and don't feel like being social. So we'll sit home and watch Grey's that we missed last night and I might do some baking. We'll see.
In other news, I just found out that there's a small chance my mom can start taking her chemo here instead of Detroit. Apparently our cancer center (that she's been going to for the last 10+ years) was just accepted as a place for this study so the nurses there have been fighting for the drug company to release my mom to their facility because they know what a hardship it is to drive over there every week (sometimes for several days). And the coolest part....they were doing all this without even asking/telling her because they like her so much and want her around. So sweet. I just knew there were good people out there still! She's so excited but trying not to get her hopes up. She will find out hopefully this afternoon or Monday. If the drug company won't release her, she's going to ask if she can at least do the blood draws here. That would save several trips. She'd only have to go once every 3 weeks for treatment to Detroit. Again, this is all up in the air, but it would be a huge weight off her and my dad. I can't pray enough that this works out for her!!! She takes everything in stride, she does whatever the doctors want her to. Doing this study has been so hard on her physically and mentally. Being gone all the time and the drug basically sucks. Makes her sick and feel awful. At least the spots aren't growing, so that's good. Wouldn't want to feel like that for no reason. A little good news would go a long way in this journey!
So besides baby prayers I'll be praying for good drug company news too!!
Now the countdown to 4:00 begins!!!

No comments: