Friday, January 2, 2009

Tiny little heartbeat

Our 6wk ultrasound was today and after a quick phone call from the dr's office our appointment was moved up an hour and a half.  So we wolf down lunch and hurry to GR to make it to the new 1:45 appointment.  And of course we sat and waited in the waiting room for 20+ minutes (another reason I like the kzoo office).  So finally we get called back, go into the room and wait again (briefly).  The dr comes in and makes some stupid jokes about moving the dil.do cam covers (aka condoms).  So he finally gets to business and we see the little sac and the baby and after he tells me to stop breathing so fast, we see the tiny flicker of a heartbeat.  I was holding my breath so we could see it and it was beautiful.  The most wonderful thing I think I've ever seen.  The dr didn't seem to think I was excited enough but I was trying not to cry.  I figured if I said anything the tears would just come out and I don't need to be that kid that cries during an ultrasound.  I mean hell, we've already been there!  So we meet in the conference room and he talks about his kids and their wii fit they got for Christmas or something (sort of weird).  He tells me that everything looks great based on what we saw.  The m/c rate drops from 15% to 5% after you see the heartbeat.  He still thought I should be more excited (again, trying not to cry!)  We got a few pictures and the EDD of 8/26/09 which I had already figured thank you internet.  He gave me some papers of dos and don'ts for pregnancy and we set up an appointment for Jan 15th for our 8wk u/s.  This one is in Kzoo, so that will be helpful!!  I can't wait.  We love you little babycakes and we can't wait to watch you grow and see you again real soon!!!  Until then snuggle in tight and enjoy the next 9 months!!  
Thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers, I can't tell you how much it means to me!! 

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Where are the photos of that beautiful heartbeat??? I want to see them...every single pic! :)

Carmen said...

Me Too!!!!