Wednesday, January 7, 2009

7 weeks

Another week gone by! Feels like a long time ago I was posting about 6 weeks. Not much has changed since then. Still tired, hungry and having to pee all the time. Every time I ask for some m/s to remind me that I'm pregnant I get it and then wish I hadn't asked. So I've learned to appreciate the fact that I really don't feel all that bad. Last night I was coughing so hard I gaged and almost threw up, but I think that was just a fluke. I imagine this stuffy nose I am having is also pregnancy related since it doesn't appear to be a cold. Just a stuffy nose....all the time. But overall, I feel good and am feeling blessed. Our next ultrasound is 8 days away, not that I'm counting (haha!), but I can't wait! I don't know what will happen after that. Maybe we'll be released to go see my OB in which case, I don't know when they see patients for their first appointment. All offices are so different! But I'm excited for that too.
My husband seems to be getting more into the idea of a baby. He even brought home a baby name book yesterday! So cute. And he is convinced we will need a new video camera so he's been researching and visiting them frequently. I figure to let him have his fun! He will use it for his golf lessons too, so it wouldn't go to waste! But I'm glad he's getting more into it. It must be hard because he doesn't feel the things I do so he probably doesn't think about it all that much! But we're both very excited!
The one thing we can't seem to agree on is when to tell people. We have had 2 people recently announce their pregnancies, one due in April and one due in June. So he thinks we have to wait til we're a lot closer to August to tell. The one due in April isn't someone we're all that close to, so I think we just didn't get the word til now. The other is around 12 weeks so they probably just had their first ultrasound/appointment. I've been trying to explain to him that after we see the little one twice and everything looks ok, I think we're ok to tell people. I'm not saying I'll be making a grand announcement to everyone I know, but if it comes up I want to say something! Especially to people who sort of know we've had some problems. I guess we'll talk about it next week after the ultrasound. Praying these next 8 days go by fast!!!

No comments: