Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday

It's Sunday night again and my list of all I'm happy and thankful for for the past 7 days...
1) First off I'm so thankful that the bleeding has stopped and has not returned.  It must have been from the ultrasound.  Here's hoping that doesn't happen again.
2) I got to see and hear my baby's heartbeat.  It was an amazing 164 bpm.  The most wonderful sound in the world.  
3) I'm so thankful for Mich.igan Repro.ductive for helping us through this journey and getting us to the point of being pregnant and staying pregnant.  The staff there is amazing and they were all so excited for us as we left on Thursday.  It was a wonderful feeling and if we have trouble on the next one, I won't be so worried about going back.  
4) I have the most wonderful husband. He let me cry and carry on on Thursday when I thought nothing but the worst.  He just held me until I finally settled down.  I know he hates that part...but he's so good at reassuring me!  
5) I'm so happy I get to share this pregnancy with my grandma.  She is beyond excited for the first grandchild/great-grandchild in the family.  I am not sure the logistics of it all yet, she's living in California.   Not the easiest for travel with a newborn or for an 85 year old.  So I'm not sure when we'll see her again.  
6) My little brother is headed back for his last semester in college...it was fun to see him while he was home and I'm very proud of him for making it through in 4 years.  It was touch and go there for a while.  But he really pulled it out this last semester with his best grades ever and even taking extra classes to be sure to graduate on time.  He shouldn't have had to worry about it, but you know how those frat boys are....parties are a little more important than classes:-)
7) My bed....I love it.  I have been so tired lately, it feels so good to just lay down at night and fall asleep.  I know it's a dumb thing to be thankful for, but come August, I may not be seeing as much of it.  So I'd better enjoy it now:-)

Well, I chose 7 things today because there are 7 days in the week.  Sorta silly, but oh well.  I just need to remember to be thankful and happy.  This is a good time in our lives, and we can't wait to see how it all unfolds.  Can't wait to meet the little one and maybe even hear the heartbeat again on Feb 2nd at our first appointment with the doctor.  
Now on to another week....

No comments: