Thursday, January 15, 2009

So happy!

Well...the ultrasound went fabulously! I was very nervous going into it. That machine is so intimidating. And knowing where that wand is going...yikes. Anyway, after some small talk with the dr, we got to work and there it was. My tiny little baby growing like a weed in there. It was the most amazing thing ever. It went from 2mm (13 days ago) to 15.3mm today. That is crazy...I realize 15mm isn't very big, but it's way bigger than before. And we got to see the tiny little heartbeat. It's seriously nothing short of a miracle. And then, the most expected part...the dr says "Do you want to hear the hb?" Hear it? Of COURSE I do!!! So he turns the volume up and pushes a bunch of buttons and all of a sudden we hear swoosh, swoosh, swoosh really fast. I was in awe. Seriously it took everything in my power to not cry. I was just so happy. So he tracked the hb for a while and then measured it. It's 164 bpm, which is right in the middle of where it should be. So for my timing (just over 8 weeks) it is right on track for size and hb. I couldn't be happier (do you see a trend here...)So we get dressed and meet him in the conference room. We talk about some things, joke about my lack of symptoms after my husband so generously announced that yes, I have symptoms. Pretty funny. I can stop the progesterone on 1/27 (THANK GOD!) And I'll be calling my OB as soon as I can get a moment away. Not sure if I want to try to make that call here at work...I still haven't told them and I'm not sure when I am going to. It's not that I don't want to, I just don't want them in my shit for the next 8 months. And I've worked here long enough to know, they'll be in my shit! So anyway, now I'm just a regular pregnant lady!! Off to the OB!! Yay!!

Pictures to come when I get home from work:-)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I am now sitting here with tears down my cheeks. I am so happy for you both. Your little one will be listed on every page in my prayer journal. So true...nothing short of a miracle those babies!
I love you!