Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm done

I'm so done...with this day, this week, this job. Let me preface this post by saying I'm pregnant and therefore ultimately happy...however....My job is causing me to be on the verge of a major breakdown at the moment. I'm sick of what I do, sick of who I work with, everything. I work in a very small office. There are only 3 of us who work full time. And one part time. The other part time lady had to quit when her husband had a stroke. So needless to say we have a lot of 'together' time. And we have no cubicles, no office doors, so there's no privacy or means to get away. Anyway, one of them has decided she's getting a divorce. Now I realize this is a traumatic experience. But honestly, I don't have any insight into the topic. I don't plan on ever divorcing my husband, who I love dearly. So honestly, I don't care about her issues. What I do care about is the fact that she keeps telling me every damn detail. And she's been on the phone telling everyone she knows everything the guy has said, what she's said back, etc, etc. Do I care? No. Do they? Probably not. Should you be working instead of yakking on the phone? Yes. Am I beyond annoyed at this point? Yes. And then the kicker is the other lady (who I'm starting to think likes this drama) asks if we all want to go to lunch today. I want to scream...NO at the top of my lungs...not a chance in hell. But do I? No. I say ok. Why you ask? Because apparently I like this kind of punishment. I seriously need help. So aside from having to listen to her divorce issues for an hour, I had to stop and get some medication the dr called in before Christmas. I have been there twice and called and talked to someone once and they all swore they'd have it filled....yep, went in again today (for the 3rd time) and the girl said there's nothing in there on my name. I have to get my blood drawn again next week to check the levels again so I don't really want to get a whole new prescription filled b/c it might change. Apparently thyroid issues can change throughout pregnancy. And then I got a call that the blinds for our bedroom that we ordered are no longer available. And yes, we ordered them before Christmas. Why didn't they know then that they weren't available? I don't know. Ugh...I'm so annoyed. Basically I don't think this day could go much worse or much slower. I can't wait to get home and sit my A on the couch and watch tv. I'm not thinking about work or any of this other shit all weekend. I just hope (for my sake) I can keep it together for the next 2 hours. If I can wait til I get home to have a mental breakdown, that would be good!
Happy weekend to the rest of you...hope it is going better than above:-)

No comments: