Wednesday, January 21, 2009

9 Weeks and 1st OB appointment

Well, things are moving right along. Here we are at 9 weeks. The little one is the size of a grape and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. Seriously? How does a fraction of an ounce want to eat so much? If I listed everything I ate, you all would be sick! It's a lot. Apparently this is the other side of morning sickness....constant eating. Overall I'm feeling ok. Not really queasy just very tired. Not too many mood swings or hormonal breakdowns (except toward the crazies I work with). Apparently I have a somewhat different form of morning sickness in the form of diarrhea. Not too pleasant. But I guess I'll take that over being sick. I've been going to bed earlier but sleeping isn't going so great. So that is adding to my tiredness.
We had our first OB appointment with the nurse yesterday. I wasn't quite sure what to expect and it definitely wasn't much to get excited about. She basically put us in a conference room and updated my file. Asked a bunch of health questions and then went over a bunch of brochures. All of which are interesting, so we'll be reading through those. One for the birthplace, one for classes offered at the hospital, optional tests we can have done, etc., etc. We were supposed to meet with the insurance girl in the office, but my insurance company hadn't called her back yet. So we will do that at the next appointment. I called them anyway, because I wanted to know if they cover these optional tests (which they do not). So I have a little info but not much. So now we wait til Feb 2nd for our first appointment with the doctor. I know these next 8 months will go by fast, but right now it feels like it's dragging by!!
We have started telling a few people outside our close circle of friends and family. It's been fun. Everyone is so excited for us. The only thing I'm wavering on is telling work. They are all pretty self absorbed, so I don't think they know anything is up (but I will guarantee the crazy one will say she could tell....she wouldn't want someone to tell her something first!) Part of me wants to just get it over with and part of me wants to keep it to myself. I just don't know what to do. and I don't really know how to tell them either. It seems a little odd to just bust out with it. Anyone with suggestions...I'm open to them!!
So basically everything is going well, we're very happy and excited. Yay for being pregnant!!

No comments: