Wednesday, January 14, 2009

8 Weeks

Holy cow....8 weeks! I didn't think I'd see this:-) But very happy to be here and very excited to see the little one again tomorrow. Can't wait for 11:30 tomorrow morning!! Nothing has changed much. Still feeling a little queasy here and there. Almost lost my cookies a few times, but nothing bad. Having to pee a lot (and I mean, A LOT!). And I'm hungry all the time. Seriously, all the time. I haven't gained any weight yet (not that I'm worried, but I have been checking). I don't know how, considering I eat ALL THE TIME. I told Dean last night we have to get something else for me to snack on other than carbs. So we're going to the store to get applesauce, some fruit and maybe yogurt. I was thinking of maybe making some fruit smoothies and putting it in the freezer til I'm ready. That might be a good snack....we'll see how brave I get this weekend. So that's about the extent of it. My mom keeps telling me to not get ahead of myself and I'm trying very hard not to. But looking at baby stuff is just so fun! Although only 1 more month and we're 12 weeks...wahoo....can't wait!
I'm getting very excited about the possibility of the last RE appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping I can call my OBs office and make our 1st real appointment. I have been reading about when that usually happens and I think that because we're already 8 weeks, we might not have to wait too long. Maybe 4 weeks at the most. Which would be awesome! And my husband has been so good about everything. He's reading his book about all this and seems genuinely interested. I think he's excited...in his own little way. So cute.
I'm trying to not dwell on the negative, but I found out yesterday another girl going through the trenches of IF could possibly be losing her twins. I feel horrible for her. It's not a fun place to be. I've been praying for her. Hoping she can find peace in all this, even though it's so hard. But also trying not to put myself in her place. Also, very hard.
Overall....things are good here though. Very excited to be 8 weeks pregnant, very happy that I'm not sick, thrilled to have a very supportive, loving husband and can't wait to see the little one again tomorrow. (it's like a mid-week thankful post:-)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

*sniff* when I read, I cry. I am just so darn happy for you. I know how you are feeling and I understand. I pray regularly for you and that little baby.