Saturday, October 11, 2008

Insurance

Companies suck. Really suck. I know I work in the insurance world, but they still suck. I got the bills today for the D&C. Three bills totalling over $2000. Seriously? The insurance company paid for about half the blood work, ok, I can handle that. And it looks like the RE billed them for the actual procedure and nothing was taken out. So that means they either aren't covering any of it or they're dragging their feet either way, I have to deal with it on Monday. And the last bill was for what I assume is the testing done on the tissue. Of course the bill doesn't say what it's for and it's from a hospital. So I don't really know. Again...I have to call on Monday. I'm so frustrated and annoyed. It's costing us a fortune to have a baby and we aren't even doing the true infertility treatments (IUI or IVF). And if this next cycle doesn't work it will get even more expensive. Money doesn't grow on trees here in SW Michigan so I'm not too sure about all this. We may have to reconsider our stance on kids. I know my parents said they'd help us, but of course I feel guilty about that. I need to talk to my mom about it again, but she's been feeling so bad from her chemo and constant travels to Detroit, I don't want to add any burden to her. This is just another reason why all this sucks. Sucks, sucks sucks...

I guess there's no point worrying about it now, it's almost 8pm on a Saturday night....it'll have to wait til Monday. Oh and my husband is getting a cold....so I'll probably have it sometime next week. Yippee.

1 comment:

Ariella said...

I don't see how your insurance could NOT cover a D&C. I hope you get it figured out and I am sorry, we really do need better health insurance in this Nation.