Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall

It's a true fall day here. It's chilly and rainy and the leaves are really starting to turn shades of red, yellow and orange. I'm not usually a fan of fall, but it is beautiful to see a green tree being enveloped in red. My mom was just in northern MI and she said the leaves are almost 50% changed...it'll be that way soon down here too! Maybe we can take a drive sometime soon to check out all the fall color!

I have recently found out a friend of mines' mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. We met in college and haven't been that close in the last 6 years, but through Facebook we've reconnected (gotta love those 'social websites' or whatever they're called). I was so glad she said something because I have been in her shoes. Ten years ago when my mom was diagnosed and was facing her first surgery, I had the same feelings she's having now. I feel like I'm being given a chance to help someone else get through this a little easier than I may have. I hope my words can ease her fears, although I know they probably won't. But I will continue to hope and pray for her and her mother. She's a strong woman, I know she'll fight her hardest to beat this disease.

No comments: