Friday, October 10, 2008

Finally Friday

I'm so excited it's finally Friday! This week has seemed to go on forever!
Some points of interest....last night, had dinner with some good friends and an adorable baby! It was great conversation and fun seeing them. I miss my college friends a lot!
Today I decided I didn't want to go home for lunch so I picked something up and went to the park near our office. Sat and ate and watched the kiddos play. It's so interesting being in this position. I watch the other parents with their toddlers and wonder what kind of parent will I be? Will I be the one that is following an inch behind my kid making sure they don't touch anything or fall? or will I be the parent that is sitting just outside the playground watching? or will I be something in between? I sat there thinking about what kind of parent I would have been had I gotten pregnant right away compared to the type of parent I will be now, that it's taken us so long...will they be different? Will I ever know if they are? probably not, but it's an interesting thought. All I know is watching those kids out there made me want that even more.

You know how thoughts go from one to another and the next thing you know you're thinking to yourself....how did my mind get here? That's how I've been feeling lately...one thought leads to another, to another, to another until I'm so far away from the original thought I have no clue how I got there or how I get back. Sounds strange...I know...sometimes I don't want to know the inner workings of the mind.

Ok....so that was me trying to be a better person, thinking differently etc....now back to the old me who is so annoyed at her coworkers she can hardly sit here and tolerate them! I know...I should be more understanding and let the stuff roll off my back, but seriously...I'm so over it. The constant "one upping" and "know it all" attitude is getting to me. No one knows everything, so why must they continue acting like they do? Ugh....it is SO annoying.

Anyway, now that is out of my system....I feel better:-)

No comments: