Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Infertility

Is it just me or does everyone going through IF question twins and multiples? I always wonder did they go through any fertility treatments? What types? How long did they 'try'? What did it feel like to finally find out they were pg? What did they think when they found out it was twins, triplets, etc? I just read that B rook & C harlie S heen are having twins. I don't really follow celebrities, but I'm really bored at work. So of course, I see they're having twins and I wonder...was it justified? And the article said "the couple "think the twins are boys" but aren't sure"...she just finished her 1st trimester, they don't know that...why would they say that? It just bothered me. I wish some media outlet would just ask...did you have trouble? What did you go through? Why must IVF always be put out there as a rich persons way to have a smart, cute, boy or girl of their choice? Why can't it be about the everyday woman who just wants to be a mother.

I know how I feel about my infertility. I don't mind talking about it, in fact it sometimes helps to talk about it to my friends and family. I'm not announcing it on facebook or anything, but my friends know. And I love that they support me through all this. But I don't know how others feel about it. I have twins on my soccer team and I want to ask about their situation. I have two other girls who were adopted from foreign countries (along with their siblings) and I want to ask. But of course I won't....some probably would rather forget the struggle to have a family. I know someday I will probably want to forget...heck, I would like to forget right now if it meant I could have my baby! Who knows...it won't 'come up' in conversation, but I will keep my ears open, just to see if anyone says anything.

Well, it's just past 4 now...only 45 minutes left of work. This week has been great, the crazy one was gone Monday and Tuesday....but is back today and out of control. Driving me absolutely bat shit crazy. I know everyone has the right to be excited about their plans and what they've done the night before, but seriously, do I need to hear about it 5 times today? No, I do not. I can't wait to be done today! Maybe she'll mind her own business for the rest of the day...I can only hope! Then it's home to hang out by myself. Fun times to be had by all:-)

No comments: