Monday, October 27, 2008

Being tested

I feel like I am being tested today. Everyone is driving me crazy, I am working on my patience, but it's not working very well. And we have someone coming into the office to take us out to lunch so I can't even get away for an hour....bummer! I just need some space, apparently 2 days away wasn't enough. The crazy lady I work with is going on and on about her sick kid. I realize that kids get sick, but do I really have to keep hearing about it? I guess I just have a different idea of what to do with sick kids. He has a sore throat so of course she's running him to the dr b/c she's positive it'll turn into strep. And people wonder why our health care costs are so high...take your kid to an unnecessary dr appointment, pump him full of unnecessary antibiotics and then bitch b/c your health insurance keeps going up. I realize I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth. I have been to the dr more times than I can even count trying to have a baby...which to some would seem unnecessary. So basically what I'm saying is, it's ok for me, but not for her. (I know...not good).

And on another note, our neighbors (who just moved in, not even sleeping there yet) had all their appliances stolen from their brand new home on Friday night. The thieves also took her jewelry and a few other odds and ends. How awful...why do people feel the need to take what isn't' theirs? It makes me sick, and a little nervous since the house is right by ours! Poor lady was so upset about her jewelry. Her wedding band and her fathers wedding band, not super valuable, but sentimental.

And Dean found out the job he applied for in Florida is back on the market and the deadline to apply is tomorrow. So he's working on the resume and will submit it today. Not that we want to move, but it would be an awesome job!

This is a hodge-podge of a post, and for that I'm sorry. My head just seems all jumbled up today. Thoughts bouncing here, there and everywhere....and of course landing right back where it usually ends up....baby-ville. I keep thinking about the what ifs, why nots, and what's next. I can't plan for this and it's driving me crazy. I have to leave it up to my body, who has failed me now for 20 months...why would I want to leave this up to it now? I don't! So again, working on my patience. Maybe when I become more patient, I will get what I've been asking for. Probably not, but maybe.

No comments: