Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day

The day after independence day.  I could get used to having 4 day weekends.  It's great knowing I still have tomorrow off too.  Holidays like this make me want a baby more than regular days I think.   Everything is so family oriented, get togethers, bbq's, fun activities that I can't wait to share with my children.  
I got word this morning that my grandma fell last night walking down some stairs.  She fell onto a stone/tile floor and fractured her pelvis in 2 places.   My aunt spent most of the evening in the ER with her and they kept her overnight so she could be seen by an orthopedic dr this morning.  She is very upset about it and doesn't want anyone to know yet.  I'm nervous for her, she's 85 and has osteoporosis.  She's already not very stable on her feet.  The ER doc thought she would just need PT and not surgery.  We are really hoping for no surgery.  She's healthy, but any elderly person is at higher risk for surgery.  I guess we'll just have to wait to hear from my aunt.  If need be, I will go out there to help take care of her.  She lives in assisted living and my aunt lives near by, but if she's that immobile,  she may need extra help.  My mom would probably go first, but I offered just in case.   And maybe she won't need any extra help.  I'm just praying that she can recover quickly and fully.
I feel like this is the icing on the cake right now.  I am already not feeling like myself, sad and lethargic.  I have no motivation to do much of anything, clean, go to the gym, cook, anything.  I keep thinking things will get better, but so far I'm not feeling it.  And this news about my grandma isn't helping.  She's my last grandparent I have left. I'm not ready to be without her, even though she lives an entire country away.  I was so hoping this weekend would be the turn around in my attitude...guess not.  Maybe next week.  

No comments: