Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cycle Day 1

Well, AF is here.  That makes Thursday day 5 meaning this month is probably a bust.  I don't know much about the RE but I'm pretty sure they'll need to do CD 3 blood work, so maybe this will be a 'try on your own' month.  We'll see though.  I am working on a list of questions. I don't even know what to ask, but I'm guessing since they do this all the time they know what goes on at these appointments.  I was sort of hoping we could do something this cycle, but oh well.  In the grand scheme of things, one more month isn't that big of deal (I have to keep telling myself that). I'm just hoping I can make it to Thursday without going nuts...I'll be so excited by then.  I'm starting to regret not having a very good month this last cycle, but oh well...nothing I can do about it now.  

I talked to my grandma today. She was doing ok.  She was pretty out of it from the pain meds so it was hard to talk to her for long. She said she wasn't in as much pain but she was pretty upset about what had happened.  She said the next holiday she's staying at home and not coming out.  She got pretty sick at Christmas and Easter, so she thinks holidays are bad for her health!  I felt so bad for her.  She is going to a rehab center tomorrow.  We won't know how long she's going to stay there for a while.  She could stay there til she's all better which could be weeks or it could be months.  The only thing they do know is no surgery.  Which for an 85 yr old woman is a good thing!  So I guess we'll just wait and see and hope for the best! 

I'm sorry this long weekend is over.  It was so fun and relaxing and wonderful to not have to go to work or even really think about it.  I have had the opportunity to think about not working at my job recently.  My husband got an email job notification from the PGA about a job down in Port St. Lucie, FL.  It is his dream job.  Teaching and running the PGA teaching center there.  He would love it and the pay would be A  LOT more than what we make now.  I told him he had to apply, even if only for the experience.  It would be crazy to up and move after being in our house for less than 2 years, but it would be feasible.  I think he's nervous about it because it would be a HUGE decision.  I don't know when he'd find out about it, the deadline to apply is tomorrow.  Part of me would love the opportunity to get away and start over, but part of me would be so sad to leave my friends and family.  No use worrying about it yet...nothing to worry about yet.  

So now you know all the things I'll be worrying and thinking about this week.  Please don't give me anymore!!  I don't know how much more I can handle!   

1 comment:

Ariella said...

Sadly this month will be to late to do any treatment but it will give you ample time to get the infectious disease panel done which is mandatory if you do an IUI. GL!