Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Breakthrough

So we had our first break though discussion about children last night. My husband (I love him dearly) does NOT like to talk about the what if's in life. He hates hypothetical, not for real conversations (all of which I love!!). Anyway, I called him on my way home last night and he was at Target picking up something for the Wii. Asked if I needed anything and we continued talking. A few minutes later he says, hey, "all this baby stuff is on sale". At first I thought I mis-heard him..
me: What?
him: yeah, high chairs, car seats, strollers, play stuff is all 30% off. We could be optimistic and get something.
me: so flabbergasted I could hardly answer....this is my husband who barely recognizes we're trying to have a baby! So I start rambling on about pink or blue etc., etc.,
That's the shortened version of how the conversation went. But I was shocked. It makes me want to take him up on it, but I know I would be devastated if we bought something now and then didn't get pregnant for several months. So who knows. I might talk to him again tonight about it...30% is a lot!

Anyway, the work people are driving me crazy today so I'm hoping it goes FAST!!! I'm out half of the day tomorrow for work too, so that'll be nice!! And of course looking forward to Friday to visit with good friends!!!

No comments: