Thursday, July 3, 2008

1 week to go

One week from our first RE appointment. I'm starting to get excited but nervous at the same time. I'm worried about Dean and how he'll take all of it. He's been really busy with work and he lets himself get stressed out pretty easily with all this stuff. I don't want to stress him out more, but I want him to be excited about all this. I guess you could say I'm having mixed emotions.

Well, today is a much appreciated extra day off from work. We got today and tomorrow off for the holiday weekend. I had great plans of getting the carpets cleaned this morning and then going to my parents to help my mom this afternoon. Well, apparently with the huge storms we got last night, the carpet people are backed up and still aren't here at 3pm. They called to see about rescheduling, but I'm already off work and I don't want to take a day off to do this next week. And all our stuff is moved off the carpets. I'm not living with my stuff everywhere for another week. One day is bad enough. I understand it was an emergency, there's flooding and all that, but it seems like they could have done it a different way. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

We are hopefully going to the Balloon illume tonight at the balloon festival. We've never been and it sounds like fun to me. The hot air balloons launch just before dusk and then float around blowing the torches in the dark. I don't know if we'll brave the crowds for fire works so this might be the best option for us. I hope everyone out there has a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!

No comments: