Thursday, June 26, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

Ugh, this week is dragging on. I don't know if it's because I have too much to do to fit it all in so I'm tired and that makes the days seem to last forever or what. But I'm about ready for it to be OVER! I had to go in and get a blood draw for my thyroid levels (I've had issues for years) and my dose was increased in March because I wasn't feeling too well and really tired for no reason. So they did the test and determined I could probably handle a little more. Well, apparently now I'm getting too much (which I thought a side effect of that would be weight loss, not so!). So now she's prescribing me one dose every other day and a higher dose on the odd days...huh? How am I supposed to be remembering what day is what? I don't know if there's any better way, so I'm complaining for no reason. And of course she asked if I was pregnant, and of course I had to say no. She's my internist, but she knows we're trying. So of course that made me sad to have to say no...again.
I don't know why but some days are worse than others when it comes to baby thoughts....I can't stop thinking about it. A lot of women in the blogosphere are getting knocked up right now. I don't frequent the Nest anymore, it wasn't as helpful as I thought it was a year ago when I thought getting pregnant would be easy. So I'm sure there are more BFPs there too...but the ones I read about in blogs are enough. I'm not trying to say I'm not happy for them, I am. I'm just sad for me. It's the same with my real life friends. I'm beyond happy for them...but still sad for me. Selfish, I know. But lets face it, the human race is a selfish bunch by nature!
On the plus side, my RE appointment is 2 weeks from today. I know that this appointment isn't going to produce a baby, but at least it's one step closer. I'm nervous about the cost already. I have been getting the bills for the Clomid monitoring and holy crap are ultrasounds expensive. And stupid insurance companies won't cover any of it because it's for infertility....stupid insurance companies.
Anyway, enough negative babble. Not much longer til I get to leave work...that's the positive side of my day:-) And tomorrow is Friday...another positive thing!

No comments: