Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Here it goes....

So this is my blog...my place to vent my frustrations, share happy times, write whatever pops into my head. It for the most part has been my journey to getting pregnant and becoming a mother...but today, the focus is NOT on that. I do have a small tidbit of info to share on that front. We'll get to that first. I think I have started to have my first Clomid side effects. I have been waking up at night completely covered in sweat and SO hot. It happened several nights, and I of course couldn't think of what was happening until yesterday it just dawned on me...maybe these are night sweats or hot flashes! Either way, they aren't that bad and if it gets me a baby, I'm all for it. But other than that, no other side effects.
Now onto other things...my job. I HATE it. I'm so annoyed with the people I work with. They are basically useless. I feel somewhat guilty saying that, but today it's how I feel. One of them basically is convinced she's dying. She limps around here all the time and says 'I'm dying' or 'I'm not going to make it'. She has Rheumatoid Arthritis, so yes, she is in pain and probably has a lot going on, but seriously. If it's that bad, then you need to go to the dr, quit cancelling your appointments and keep taking your medicine. Don't just stop because you feel like it. And then the other one...seriously is about to drive me crazy. She's the one who was watching the golf on her computer the other day. And has continued to discuss the fact that she was watching it instead of working. And today she's been going on and on about how she's taking vacation for the 2 weeks around Christmas and New Years because she wants to spend the time with her kids. So since I don't have kids, I can't have time around a holiday off? HUH? And it's like 6 months away. Must we discuss it today? Maybe this is another side effect of the Clomid but these little things are driving me absolutely bat shit crazy! I don't know what our situation will be if/when we ever get pregnant, but I hope and pray that I can stay home with my baby. Or at least work part time. If I can get out of here even half the time I think I'd be happier! Oh....and if you're asking why I don't' just quit? Well, it's not that easy. I work for my dad, the business he built. I don't think he'd take it too kindly if I up and quit! But he might understand if it were for a baby. So we'll see about that. Poor Dean has enough to deal with, I don't think he is going to want to discuss me staying home when we don't even have the possibility of a baby to stay home with.
Anyway, so that's the vent for the day. The happy news is, I'm going to a company conference (the upside to my job) until Sunday. So technically today is my Friday! I'm excited about that, but sad about leaving Dean. (It's only for 4 days, so I'll be ok:-) I'm not taking my laptop (too much hassle) so I'll hopefully have lots of blog reading to catch up on next week!

No comments: