Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Not a snowballs chance in hell

So we don't have a snowballs chance in hell of being pregnant this month. I was out of town during the opportune time and now Dean is working himself to death so he falls into bed about 11pm and is asleep before his head hits the pillow. And we all know what we need to be doing to have a baby...and we aren't doing any of that:-) I was feeling ok about it because I had been out of town and was blaming that for now, but I am feeling sad and frustrated again because of it. I really didn't think it would be this hard. And I hear about these high school girls trying to get pregnant and other women who get pregnant right away and it makes me sad. This is something I've been wanting now for a year and a half....seems like a long time. I haven't discussed anything with Dean for a while. I think he needs a break from it all. And we'll hopefully have plenty to discuss after our July 10th appointment. I have a feeling we will have to spend that cycle doing tests and trying to figure out our best options, but I'm hopeful for the August cycle. Maybe some medical science is just what we need! I'm hoping anyway.
And my poor grandma, doesn't want to make things worse, but she knows we're trying b/c of the miscarriage last year (which by the way is now over a year ago) and the last time I talked to her she asked if we were having any luck. Then she went on to tell me that she can't wait for that phone call and she's really hoping and praying for us. And then came this...she tells me that men should wear boxers b/c it's supposed to help things down there...I about died. It was so funny and embarrassing at the same time. I didn't mention to Dean that she said anything, he would have died too.
Other than being out of town for a few days for work, things are about the same. I'm hoping the next 2 weeks go quickly because I am so anxious for this appointment. I know next week will because of the holiday. We get Friday off and maybe Thursday afternoon too. I'm really excited about that. Then the crazy lady is out the next week for a few days and then our trip to NYC....the summer is flying by!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Gotta love grandmas!
My husband plays now. He's gone for weeks or more at a time. I liked it when he worked at a course, but it's his dream so I'm really happy for him.