Monday, July 6, 2009

Pity party table for 1 please

Disclaimer: If you are currently trying to get pregnant, having a good day and don't want some whiny post to get you down, or just don't feel like listening to it....I suggest you STOP reading right now!

I feel like I've done a pretty good job during this pregnancy rolling with the punches. There hasn't really been that much to deal with. No morning sickness, nothing too horrible to deal with. But I am here to tell you, I'm sort of over it. I'm over the constant nosebleeds. I'm over not sleeping, I'm over the fat fingers and feet. My back hurts, I had the most horrible headache yesterday (which I haven't had a headache in months!). It was so bad it woke me up at 2am and I didn't think I was going to fall back to sleep. I realize that when the baby comes I won't be sleeping much either, but I feel that might be a different kind of not sleeping. I'm tired of people telling me how hot I'm going to be between now and August. Tired of them telling me how bad labor is. Basically I woke up on the wrong side of the bed one of the many times I was out of my bed last night....I'm hoping this will pass as the day goes on.

Now of course I would go through anything to be sure to have a healthy baby. I realize this is just part of the fun, but I'm allowed to have a few days of 'poor me'. It's not always sunshine and rainbows. And right now, it's not.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hey there Friend,
Yep. This is the part that sucks! Well for me anyway. You just want to meet him. That is the only way to describe it. You're over it. I wish I had a cure for it all...you'll forget all about it in another 6 weeks or so...it's just getting to that point. The last 4 weeks seems longer than the whole 9 months combined. If you need anything please let me know!
Love ya!

Ariella said...

All those things that are bugging you bugged me too. The back aches for me were the worst! And headaches are awful because you can't escape the pain. I hope you get some better sleep in the next 6 weeks, but you are right it is a diffrent kind of not sleeping. Although really it still sucks, lets at least be honest about that. Just becuase we worked hard to get here doesn't mean it will all be puppies and rainbows. Better you learn that now, because otherwise you are in for a painful awakaning.

On a happy note: OMG you are almost there!!!!!!!