Saturday, July 11, 2009

hospital bags and car seats???

So my husband was giving a lesson to these 2 women yesterday and they were asking about the baby and all that goes along with it. Apparently they both agreed that we should have the car seat installed already and the hospital bag packed. The one went on to say that they went into labor the day after they installed the car seat (3 weeks early) and the other went into labor 4 weeks early! Yikes. I know I only have about 6 weeks left, but I thought I had plenty of time to pack and all that. And we were planning on doing the car seat around the beginning of August. Too late? Too early? Who knows I guess. So I decided I would at least start a hospital bag last night. I got a little bag of toiletries, makeup, Tylenol etc packed up. It's not much, but at least it's a start. I do however think I'll wait a few more weeks to actually put it all in a bag.

For now I'm going to finish cleaning the house and then off to run a few errands....hopefully I can get just what I need at Target and nothing extra (yeah right!!)

3 comments:

Ariella said...

Well I went into labor at 36 weeks so I would say pack and get the car seat installed.

Oh and be sure to get the car seat checked to. We had ours installed totally wrong the first time.

Ariella said...

To answer your question on my blog. I had an version which is where they turn the baby from breech to head down, so an emergancy c-section was a posability I had been warned about. However I did not know that my water might break 16 hours afterward which is what did happen. I am so glad we had the car seat checked! And I never packed that hospital bag.

Melissa said...

Well.. I had a planned induction and the baby didn't come before that obviously. We had our carseat IN, probably around 36-37 weeks, but I didn't get it officially checked until 1 week beforehand.. But my hospital bag I totally slacked on and did that within a couple days before my induction date.. I might have had some basics in there beforehand...