Monday, July 27, 2009

The aftermath

The shower was fun. There were a lot of people there and it was nice to see some of Dean's side of the family. His parents are so weird, we/they don't do a lot with the extended family. So I'm glad we got to do something with them. His mom was only semi-crazy. She basically didn't speak to me. I don't know if she doesn't like me, jealous of me, or just doesn't know how to be social? She seems to talk to everyone else just fine. Sometimes I wonder if she is jealous of my relationship with Dean. Since her husband is such a jerk, I can imagine she wishes things were different sometimes. Who knows. I feel bad that I'm always bad mouthing her, but when I only see her a few times a year and she barely speaks to me, I feel I have a bit of a right to be annoyed. I think I wrote about this before but they bought a farm in Indiana to put their horses on (well the 1 horse they own, they're buying 2 more apparently). And they were there for 8 days, came home last Wednesday and then left again last night and will be home sometime the end of this week. So my question is, are they going to try to make a point to be in town when the baby comes? It's the 1st grandchild....there aren't any do-overs. I hope they understand that. I'm trying to put it out of my mind though....it's not my problem if they choose to not be around.
Anyway, back to the shower, everyone was very nice (except for the 'oh my, your huge' and 'that baby will come any time'....I don't feel that big!) But I guess 80 year old women are allowed to say whatever they want! The food was great, one of Dean's cousins made the cake and it was beautiful. She's starting a little business so I hope I can send some people her way. She made her own wedding cake back in May and it was beautiful and delicious! And of course this little boy got tons of things. A lot of clothes and other things for his room. He's going to be one very loved little boy! Now I have to finish up the thank you cards. I got most of the written, but not addressed. I hope to have them in the mail tomorrow or Wednesday. And then I need to go through all that stuff and see if there's anything I need to take back, exchange or wash. I'm sure a little of all 3! I also need to make a list of the things we still need before he gets here. We have most everything, but still need a few little things here and there. And I'm sure I'll be running to the store tons after he is born. But of course I feel the need to be somewhat organized and prepared!
So overall the day was nice and we both had a good time. I'm glad Dean was able to come and enjoy it with me. I think he had a good time too! Now it's time to try to make it through another week. Can't believe we only have 4 more to go through!! Can't wait!

No comments: