Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Operation "Be Happy"

So in my endless search for happiness, I decided Monday to just be happy. Yeah, that lasted all of 2 days. After a day of internal plumbing issues and severe stomach pain, I woke up to a bloody nose and the onset of a cold. All this on top of the constant political discussion from yesterdays election. I realize that we all didn't get what we wanted, but I guess that's life. The most we can do now is hope and pray that our president elect can handle all the problems he is taking on. It's a tough job for anyone to tackle. Our local elections were more of a concern for me. Not that the president isn't a big deal, but our local elections set the groundwork for higher up political workings. I would have liked to have seen things a little differently. Oh well...it's over now and I haven't heard a single "this was approved by" or "vote for me" or any other political commercial...thank gosh!
I'm going in for yet another blood draw tomorrow. I am really hoping my levels are finally at 0. I can hope right?? I promise not to be too upset when they're not though. The spotting stopped 2 weeks ago, so I'm debating what to do next. Do I take the provera even though it could take 20 days or more to work? Do I just wait it out and hope that AF comes 4 weeks after I stopped spotting (which would be in about 2 weeks)? Has anyone out there taken provera? Did you have good luck with it? Did you start a cycle right away? Or did it take a while? I plan to ask the nurse this as well, but I doubt she'll be much help. You know how they are....always telling you everyone is different, it responds differently each time, etc, etc. So we'll see. I still have a very small window of hope to start AF today or tomorrow (probably not happening) but I can still have hope right?
My other dilemma is whether or not to go with my mom tomorrow to Detroit for her blood draw. I've been wanting to go, just to see the place. And I'd like to spend sometime with her and maybe even see my brother and SIL while I'm there. But I don't know about being gone.
Ok...back to work:-)

No comments: