Friday, November 14, 2008

Lying

Why is it that people have to lie? I work with a woman who lies to my face all the time. And usually it's stupid. Today for example....stupid. I was gone yesterday. And we have an unspoken rule that when one is out the other helps out with their emails. I did for 3 days while she was out sick (again). Meaning I was doing the job of 2 people basically. No, not fun, but it makes it easier on the person coming back. So I come back to day and NOTHING is done. Now I know this makes me sound like a selfish bitch, but it's frustrating. So then she tells me it was insanely busy and she didn't even think about my stuff until "4:39"....really? You looked at the clock at 4:39 and thought about it? And then remembered to tell me that exact time? No you didn't. Well, our IT guy set it up while I was out one day so we could check each others emails without forwarding or turning the others computer on. And she told me today that she didn't want to do that to mine without asking me. So I checked and yep, it's already set up. It was that way when she did it a few weeks ago. And now she's over there talking on the phone to her family and friends. I swear to God I will sit here doing nothing before I help her with her stuff. I know I'm being petty and stupid, I just do not like being lied to. Especially when it's right to my face. And considering I've gotten all of 3 emails today and 1 phone call....I HIGHLY doubt it was all that busy yesterday. Needless to say I am counting down the hours to 4:00 today to get the HELL out of here!
But the weekend will be a fun one...so looking forward to that!

No comments: