Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I want a puppy

Yep, you read right, I want a puppy or a kitten. Is this my way of replacing what I lost? Yes, probably. Will Dean ever let us get a dog, no. A new cat, probably, but not a dog. And yes I know, we can't have a dog. We aren't home enough and that's not fair. I couldn't leave a puppy in a crate all day or even just alone. I'd feel WAY too guilty! Another cat however is a possibility. There were some adorable pictures in the paper from some shelters. We already have 2 cats, I really don't think I can have a 3rd. But it's fun to think about. I think it's just my way of filling a void. Oh well...I guess I have a void that needs filling!

I think I've finally stopped bleeding...which is a good thing. I'm hoping that means I can be on my way to starting a new cycle. My cycles are usually a little longer than normal (32-35 days) but not excessive so I'm hoping my body knows what to do and just gets back on the horse.

My mom had her first chemo treatment last week for her study. It took a lot longer than they originally told her (of course it did....it's chemo...it's never quick!) And she had to have a brain MRI before she could get the 1st treatment, which she didn't know about. So she had to go over early and spend 3 nights over there. So far she's doing well. She's had some nausea and a fever that won't seem to go away. That is making her feel the worst I think. But today is better than yesterday and she has treatment every 3 weeks, so that should help her feel better in between. But she has to go get blood draws and appointments in the weeks in between. I feel so bad for her having to do all this, but the dr thinks it's the next up and coming drug. I hope and pray it helps her. Although it sucks that the drug that is supposedly helping her is making her so sick. Seems wrong. But I guess that's the way it works. Let's just hope it works!

Another beautiful day here....wish I were outside enjoying it! I hope somewhere, someone is!

No comments: