Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Busy Sunday

I'm finally starting to feel better. I had big plans for myself this weekend. I got the kitchen really cleaned, even cleaned the inside of the microwave! I cleaned the outside furniture and the deck. There's still more to do, but I need better tools to do it. Maybe a trip to the hardware store is in my future. I'm going to start putting away my summer clothes. Most of them don't fit anyway, and according to the calendar, summer is over tomorrow. I'm happy to be feeling better and feeling like doing something around here. It really does make a difference. And I'm going to go back to the gym tomorrow. I'm a little worried about being tired, and I have a class Weds-Friday that will make it difficult to keep going, but even if I only get 30 minutes in, I think it's important to keep going. So I'm going to try. I'm still spotting from the dnc, which is a constant reminder, but it's getting lighter and lighter. I'm hoping it stops soon and my body reacts and starts a new cycle! I watched Baby Mama with a friend yesterday. I was worried about it for so many reasons. My friend has a 6 month old, that's always tough. The movie is about a woman who can't get pregnant. But it was good. The movie was pretty predictable, but still funny. I would only recommend it if you can put aside your own IF problems and just appreciate the funny 1 liners. But it did point out a few things that I have noticed. There are babies EVERYWHERE. And if I don't see the actual baby, I see the Facebook status updates about them, pictures, mass emails about them....I love hearing and seeing my friends babies, but sometimes it is hard. But they are too cute and too sweet to miss!

On another note, I have not planned two very fun trips. We are going to San Francisco for Thanksgiving to 'babysit' my grandma. My aunt and her family are going to So Cal to visit her son for a few days so we'll hang with the dogs and my g-ma. We went last year for T-giving and it was fun. We stay at her house and enjoy all the fun things in and around the Bay area. And then for Christmas we're going to Florida with my entire family. We are so lucky to be able to travel the way we have. I look at it two different ways. We might as well go now, while we can, without babies, children etc. And my grandma is 85. She may not have many more Thanksgivings left. I hate to think like that, but it's important that we see her as often as we can. And the best part about all of this, I'm only missing 6 days total for both trips due to the holidays. Even better! It is so nice to have fun things to look forward to. I'm not even going to think that our 'timing' would be during these trips. I guess if they are, then we'll try on our own.

Anyway, I see I've been babbling...better get back to work and continue with my busy Sunday and then onto yet another week.

No comments: