Friday, August 22, 2008

Ultrasound

Well, this post is not going to go as I had planned. I was over the moon excited about the ultrasound. Hoping against hope there would be nothing wrong. There was a small chance we might see the heartbeat so I was hoping for that too. Anyway, we get to the appointment and actually had to wait (not common for this office). We finally get back there and the Dr. comes in and tells us all these statistics. You might see the heartbeat, Ultrasounds can be off by 3-4 days, blah, blah, blah. So we get to the wand (gotta love the wand:-) We saw the black sac immediately. I was searching for the flicker, but didn't see anything. So he starts moving the wand back and forth sort of mumbling to himself, let's try to find that baby, it's gotta be in here, where is that baby he finally says, oh there it is and points out this tiny little line. So he measures it and prints a few pictures. He said it looks a little small but we'd talk about it in the office. So I get dressed and we go over to the office. He has a wheel that he's using to calculate the due date I assume. So anyway, he goes on to tell us more statistics. The baby isn't as big as it should be. It should be 2-4 mm and it measured 1.6mm. So he thinks I either ovulated late or we're losing the baby. He said we have a 10-15% chance of miscarrying but 9 times out of 10 everything turns out fine. I was in shock, didn't know what to say or ask or do. I just sat there and listened to him. He said I should take it easy and he wants to see us back in a week to14 days. I wasn't about to wait 14 days! So we have an appointment for next Thursday at 2 for another ultrasound. And another $336 not covered by insurance. I know I will not care that we have no money when I have my baby, but seriously, the medical profession sure knows how to get you! So needless to say I'm going to take it easy this week and pray and pray and pray that everything turns out ok.

I keep telling myself that I have no reason to believe anything bad is going to happen. I haven't had any spotting or weird cramping or anything that would indicate losing the baby. Although if it just stops growing, I may not miscarry naturally. I just don't know. I'm going to try to not freak out about all this anymore. But it's really hard not to think about. So if any of you have any extra prayers, please send some our way. My little peanut sure could use it right now.

Oh yeah and for the time being, I'm leaving my ticker the way it is. He changed my due date by one day, but I'm going to wait til the next u/s before I make any changes. Plus it's all estimated anyway...

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I am praying deep for you. I will tell you that the verse "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Tim. 1:7) I pray that for you. I pray that the Lord will give you a sound mind and wrap you with the power of love. I am sure all is fine. It could possibly just be that you Od a little early. You are so close to that 2mm mark. May the Lord bless and keep you

Ariella said...

I am praying for your little one! I really hope it is just late implantation. ((((((HUGS))))))))