Thursday, August 28, 2008

Results

Well, it's probably the worst day ever. The ultrasound confirmed the baby has stopped growing. I'm beyond upset and confused. Apparently the progesterone supplements can cause your body to prohibit a natural miscarriage, so my body still thinks I'm pregnant (hence the symptoms) and some of the symptoms are the same for the prog. So I'm to stop the prog and hope to m/c naturally. If I don't in 2 weeks, I have to go in for a D&C, which I really don't want to do. I am going to have some blood work done to determine if there are any other issues. Then I will most likely have a dye test (I assume he was talking about an HSG) and who knows what else. I don't know what else we can do. I assume that since we got pg with Clomid on our own, we will try that again, maybe a higher dose, but that won't be for a while. For now, I'm going to wallow in my self pity and watch some tv. My husband has to work tonight so I'm on my own for now. Which is probably just as well. He doesn't need to see me like this! We can commiserate together later. I know he is hurting too.

I'm sure there will be another post of "what ifs", "why me?", "why now?" but I just don't have it in me right now.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I was really hoping for better news for you today. :( That totally sucks. I'm sorry for your loss.
My Dr. called the HSG the dye test too..
I hope you are able to find some answers..

Jenni said...

I am so sorry. I pray for peace in your heart right now although I know the hurt. No words to say, just know that you are loved and cared for.

Ariella said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you don't need the DnC. No words will make you feel better right now but please know I am thinking of you and Dean while you go through this awful time. ((((((HUGS)))))))