Wednesday, August 13, 2008

5 Weeks

My first weekly post! I LOVE it! So fun. Anyway, I don't really have much to update. I don't really feel any different than before the BFP. I've been a little more tired than usual. Some heartburn and a few waves of nausea. Oh and several trips to the bathroom!! That could get old quick. One week from tomorrow is my ultrasound. I'm super excited about that, I hope it gets here quick! Dean still thinks (hopes) it's twins. I hope I don't feel too disappointed when we discover next week that it's not. I wasn't sure how he was feeling about all this (he's your typical man, doesn't discuss much of anything). But he's said a few things that have caught me off guard. Something about buying a video camera, making a list for names so we don't' forget the ones we liked, etc. Kind of fun. I'm hoping when he slows down a bit at work we can talk more about it. I think it's still pretty new to both of us that we don't know what to talk about quite yet. We need to talk about when we're going to start telling people though. I think after the 1st or 2nd ultrasound...that sounds good!

In other news, the weekend was fun. I went to the PGA Championship with Dean and my brother but we got there and it started storming so we ended up in a tent for a few hours while it rained. We finally left around 4 and they called the tournament for the day, so good thing we left. Had dinner and drove home instead of staying the night.

My mom had her appointment at Karmanos on Monday. We were all a little worried because we weren't sure where this all was headed. She ended up getting in the study after 5 long hours of talking to drs and the like. She has to go over next week for some baseline scans and blood work. Her treatment will be every 3 weeks with tests in between (which all have to be done in Detroit for control purposes). So she'll be spending a lot of time in the car. Any suggestions of gifts for fun car rides? I was thinking books on tape? She has satellite radio, but that might get old. She has a lot of friends that are willing to ride with her too, so that might help. I'm sure she'll be learning more as she gets into it farther, so updates to come.

No comments: