Thursday, April 30, 2009

23 weeks

I'm getting bad about posting on the actual day...not sure what that is about. Work is busy and I don't feel like getting on the computer by the time I get home at night. The nights are just too busy with swimming, soccer and other crap that seems to creep up (although it's usually fun stuff).
So here we are at 23 weeks, it's only been 2 weeks since the big ultrasound, but it feels like forever ago. It's fun knowing that there's a little boy in there!! We got the crib set up, ordered and go the stroller/carseat combo. I put it together on Tuesday. It's really cute, big, but cute. I'm not sure where we'll store it in the meantime. Right now it's in the middle of the living room. It probably won't be staying there for long. We got a bumbo chair in the mail from a friend. All this stuff I had no idea about! I am starting to believe that the baby stuff sort of takes over!!
Things are still feeling pretty good. My feet are swelling and I feel like my fingers might be too. It probably won't be long til I have to take my rings off....not looking forward to that. Especially if it starts to warm up anytime soon!! Having a weird back pain right under my shoulder blade. Going to ask the doctor about that even if there isn't much they can do about it. Still getting bloody noses and still very stuffed up. My sleep is hit or miss. Some nights I sleep great, don't wake up at all and feel so rested in the morning (like last night) and some nights I feel like I hardly slept a wink (Tuesday night). I'm not sure when the waking up to pee starts back up again. Probably soon. He's been moving around in there like crazy. He's most active in the morning. Not so much in the afternoon or at night. It will be fun to feel the movements transform from just wiggles to actual kicks and punches. And I can't wait for Dean to see or feel it. He's been so good to me during all these months. He's so into the baby and pregnancy. I just love it and feel so lucky. Although last night he informed me that we needed some ice cream in the house because 'we' are pregnant so 'we' can have cravings....and he wanted ice cream. Isn't he cute!
I am starting to feel like the weeks are dragging by, although I'm thrilled to be 23 weeks, it just feels like forever ago we had the ultrasound and there wasn't much to look forward to. However that has changed....we (I say we, but I had no say in it) finally picked a date for the baby shower. June 14th....I can't wait. They were thinking it might be in the middle of July and I didn't think I could wait that long:-) So now we are going to try to register soon. Maybe this weekend, depends on Dean's schedule.
In other news, my mom is on the mend. Still not 100% but better. She is glad she didn't end up going to California on Tuesday. She can go another time. But she was still bummed about it. My brother graduates from college next Saturday and we have a wedding that day. I'm taking the varmints (I mean cats) to the vet next week. It's a new vet so I hope it goes ok! Other than that it's just work and regular stuff.

No comments: