Thursday, April 23, 2009

22 weeks

and 1 day. Overall things are going well. I had my first hormonal/pregnancy breakdown today after work. I think I'm over tired. Trying to do too much....although not enough around the house, as I look around and this place is a disaster. Maybe next week won't be so busy.
Baby is moving more and more. Feels a little less weird each day. I'm exhausted and I'm starting to get up again at night to pee. I was hoping for a few more weeks of full nights sleep! I hate waking up to pee, I always have a hard time falling back to sleep. Heartburn is back, but usually only after lunch. Three more weeks til our next appointment and then shortly after that I'll have the GD test.
I've decided I really like my swimming class so I tried on my own today. Although it wasn't as fun, since I was alone, it was still nice. Relaxing but still felt like I got a decent workout. I think I will try to continue. I do however think that is why I'm so tired today....not used to being up that early and doing something active! But I know in the long run it will be good for me.
And lastly, my mom was supposed to go to California today to visit my aunt and grandma. She had been looking forward to it, as had my grandma. She doesn't have much to look forward to so she loves it when something new happens. We had dinner last night and she said she didn't feel too good, but figured it was from chemo, which she had last week. After being up most of the night with fever, chills, nausea, sore throat and stomach pain, she called Northwest and rebooked her flight. Somehow she bought the trip insurance so she is going next Tuesday. But she has a UTI and might possibly have the flu. She sounds horrible and feels horrible and is of course upset that her plans are ruined. She likes to think her cancer doesn't rule her life, but when something like this happens, she remembers that it does. And that sucks. It's not fair. I feel so bad for her. I am hoping she is better by Tuesday so she can go and enjoy herself. I can't wait until she's done with this study so they can adjust her drugs a bit and maybe she can feel better after chemo. And maybe someday her immune system will be better and she won't get so sick so fast. Poor mom....
Well, it's back to the couch for me. At least tomorrow is Friday!!!

No comments: