Wednesday, April 15, 2009

21 weeks

**update** I wrote this on Wednesday but the hotel I was staying in had crappy internet and kept booting me out. So I'm just posting now...

We're over half way there. And after seeing that little guy yesterday I am even more excited than before (if that could even be possible). I know they do those ultrasounds for measurements and to make sure the baby is doing ok, but I'm pretty sure a little part of it is for the mommy and daddy to be. Just to remind them of all that is to come. The ultrasound was amazing. I just can't stop thinking about it and looking at my pictures. He was so cute. I can't wait to finish getting ready for his arrival and picking out a name!! I think the pictures turned out pretty good. And my favorite part was seeing his little hand wrapped around the umbilical cord! Apparently they play with it while they're in there. I guess there isn't anything else to play with and the tech said it was ok:-) After the ultrasound, we saw the doctor to go over all the numbers. Everything was right on track. The baby weighs 15 oz. Almost 1 pound! His little heartbeat was 151, perfectly strong. And I'm measuring a little ahead, but I'm pretty convinced that's not something to worry about. I don't know how everyone can have the same measurements...everyone's body is different. So I'm not worrying about it. Overall it was an amazing day. I can't stop looking at our new pictures!!

Now I need to focus on getting ready for his arrival. I know it's not for a while, but I'm really excited. I stopped in BRU last night just to look around. I am hoping to register in the next few weeks. I need my mom to finalize the shower date (mostly for my piece of mind). Our next appointment is May 13th and then shortly after that I have to do the diabetes test. I'm a little nervous about that, but it should be fine.
I'm home now from the class and so glad to be here. I am going to relax this afternoon and hopefully then get some stuff done. I was going to run errands on my way home, but that didn't exactly work out. I figure after 20 hours of sitting in class, I didn't need to do anything unnecessary! I think I'll rest up by looking at more pictures of my sweet boy and maybe take a nap. Then it's onto cleaning my car!!!

No comments: