Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rainy Sunday

I guess it's true what they say, "April showers bring May flowers"....or at least I hope that is what is going to happen.  We really haven't had much rain this spring so I know we need it, but it was so beautiful yesterday.  I wish it could have stayed around!  

We had made tentative plans to go buy our crib today.  I had 2 picked out, one I loved and one I liked.  Both at different price points.  Dean hadn't seen the 2nd one.  So we went to look, pretty sure we were going to buy at least the crib (if not the dresser too).  Anyway, after reviewing (again for like the 10th time) we decided to go with the less expensive one.  It seemed easier to use (i.e. shorter for me!!)  It's a better 'white' color (i.e. easier to match to other brands of furniture).   And they had both pieces in stock!  So we bought the crib, short dresser/changing table and mattress.  I'm so excited.  I can't believe our baby's furniture is sitting in my husbands car!!! We probably won't be putting it together anytime soon.  I was told no heavy lifting in the beginning.  Not sure if that is still the case, but no point in trying to haul that heavy thing up the stairs.  My brother will be home soon and he can help!  It's not like we need it right now anyway:-)  Plus I don't have any bedding or anything to put with the crib....so I'm not in any hurry.  And I picked out the stroller/carseat combo that I want. So I'm going to order that this week.  And I found it with free shipping....even better!!  

This week has been so full of fun and happy moments for our new little family, I hardly had time to think about the sadness this week also brings.  Our due date from the previous pregnancy was April 15th.  When we made the ultrasound appointment, I was instantly relieved that we would have something good happening during this week.  Although it does seem that right now I'm glad to have a few extra months to prepare!! And in all reality, the August due date will be easier on both of us.   Dean is so busy right now, it would have been hard for him! And I wouldn't have wanted to go back to work in the beginning of the summer!!! So as much of a sad time it could have been, we have plenty to be thankful for and excited about.  Of course I'll always wonder how it could have been. But I know this is right for us for reasons probably beyond our control.  And both of us couldn't be happier!  

No comments: