Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Monday

Here we are at the beginning of another week. I swear on Monday they seem to drag by, but by Friday, I can't believe another week is gone...and it's MARCH! Yikes. Where'd February go? But so far today is a good day. The weekend was nice. We got some errands done early Saturday morning, I saw a friend Saturday afternoon on her way through town and we watched some good movies. Sunday however was a little different story. Dean found 2 very large dogs scratching at our front door to get in around 9am. One was for sure a Rottweiler the other was a rott mix of some sort. Anyway, they hung around the house all day and finally after we drove to some of the neighbors houses to see if they knew the owners, we called animal rescue, animal control and then the sheriff. And 0f course they were either closed or couldn't help us on a Sunday. So I made them each a bowl of food (left overs) and a bowl of water. They scarfed it down! Poor things were starving. We saw them out in the back yard playing and then they were gone. We went out later to look and they were no where to be found. Maybe they were just hungry and then went home. I can only hope because it was cold last night. It makes me so mad that people can't take care of their animals. Maybe someone else will find them and call the animal rescue today when they're open. Or maybe they just made it home.

In baby news, nothing much. I went to the gym today (yay!) and decided to get on the scale (boo!) and to my surprise, I've only gained 1.4 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Wahoo! So total I've only gained 8 pounds according to the gym scale (which I think is probably more accurate than my scale at home.) I know the weight gain isn't a big deal, but I just want to keep an eye on it for now.

And last but not least, I'm going to Detroit with my mom for her chemo on Wednesday. We'll come home Friday. I'm excited to see what it's all about. And we'll probably see my brother for dinner one night. Should be fun.

Oh...and one other thing. We're having lunch with Dean's aunt today to tell her about little Leon. She has been so nice to me since we got married. She's been more of a mother in law than my actual MIL. I think she knows she's an assclown...but anyway, I'm excited to see her and tell her.

No comments: